- RSS Channel Showcase 5925889
- RSS Channel Showcase 6285257
- RSS Channel Showcase 6419028
- RSS Channel Showcase 3863065
Articles on this Page
- 03/08/17--09:47: _Tropical Chia Pudding
- 03/29/17--06:36: _Gut Health: Why it ...
- 04/19/17--05:46: _Orange Creamsicle S...
- 06/16/17--11:30: _Almond Chocolate-Di...
- 06/27/17--08:14: _Pastel Bikini Smoot...
- 08/17/17--11:00: _Kiwi Yogurt Tart (G...
- 09/30/17--08:42: _Pan Seared Fish wit...
- 10/19/17--10:11: _Roasted Plum Yogurt...
- 10/22/17--12:29: _Granny’s Borscht (v...
- 10/24/17--13:35: _How to Get Your Kid...
- 11/27/17--12:31: _Gingerbread Energy ...
- 12/10/17--09:53: _12 Days of Christma...
- 09/17/17--08:06: _Foodie’s Guide to O...
- 01/09/18--10:59: _6 Simple Steps to M...
- 02/08/18--11:05: _Creamy Orange Chia ...
- 02/17/18--22:07: _Loaded Tabbouleh (B...
- 02/19/18--21:47: _Orange Omega No Bak...
- 03/22/18--09:06: _Honey Orange Glazed...
- 03/08/17--09:47: Tropical Chia Pudding
- 04/19/17--05:46: Orange Creamsicle Smoothie Bowl
- 06/16/17--11:30: Almond Chocolate-Dipped Popsicles (vegan)
- 06/27/17--08:14: Pastel Bikini Smoothie Bowls
- 08/17/17--11:00: Kiwi Yogurt Tart (Gluten free)
- 09/30/17--08:42: Pan Seared Fish with SunGold and Green Kiwi Salsa
- 10/19/17--10:11: Roasted Plum Yogurt Parfait with Honey Cardamom Granola
- 10/22/17--12:29: Granny’s Borscht (vegan option)
- 10/24/17--13:35: How to Get Your Kids to Eat Healthier: 9 Tips from a dietitian mom!
- 11/27/17--12:31: Gingerbread Energy Bites (gluten free)
- 12/10/17--09:53: 12 Days of Christmas Giveaway: Day 10
- 09/17/17--08:06: Foodie’s Guide to O’ahu AND a Recap of our Epic Girls Trip!
- 01/09/18--10:59: 6 Simple Steps to Meal Prep Like a Pro (in just 1 hour per week!)
- 02/08/18--11:05: Creamy Orange Chia Pudding (vegan & gluten free)
- 02/17/18--22:07: Loaded Tabbouleh (Bulgur) Salad
- 02/19/18--21:47: Orange Omega No Bake Granola Bars (gluten free)
- 03/22/18--09:06: Honey Orange Glazed Salmon with Orange Almond Couscous
I doubt that I need to explain how awesome chia seeds are for your health, but since it’s Nutrition Month, I want to put in a good word for them. Not that they need my help, they’ve kind of been the golden child of the superfood movement! Chia seeds may not look like much, but they pack a big nutrition ... View The Post
Bugs. You’re filled with them. Yep, that’s right, you have more bacterial cells in and on your body than human cells… ten times more in fact! (bacterial cells are simple and much smaller than complex human cells, just in case your brain hurt when you read that). Though this may all gross you out, the reality is that we NEED ... View The Post
The post Gut Health: Why it Matters and How to Eat Your Way to a Healthier Gut! appeared first on Fraiche Nutrition.
Spring has sprung (or at least it’s trying to, you can do it Mother Nature!), and I can think of no better way to kick it off than with a new smoothie bowl recipe. I was so excited to partner with Florida Orange Juice this month to create a fresh healthy recipe featuring orange juice! Since having my second child ... View The Post
Growing up, Almond Roca was one of my all-time favourite treats. My grandparents ALWAYS had a tub of it kicking around the house and to this day it carries big sentimental value. Fast-forward to the adult me, and I still love the treat…but it’s clearly a ‘sometimes food’! The hot summer days ahead and my fond childhood memories inspired me ... View The Post
Back in university I used to eat the same thing for breakfast EVERY day: a bowl of cereal. Sure, the cereal choice would change a bit, or I would add some fruit to it, but there wasn’t a lot of variety. While I still love a good bowl of cereal, I find that my breakfast, and every other meal, changes ... View The Post
There are few things in this world more beautiful than the flesh of a kiwifruit. The contrast and symmetry makes them a pure work of art: way to show off Mother Nature! I was SO excited to have the chance to partner with Zespri Kiwifruit to make a couple of recipes with kiwis! Kiwifruit, are a nutrient-dense food, meaning they ... View The Post
I am 100% convinced that life simply can’t get any busier. Which is why I LOVE meals that can be easily whipped up without having to compromise on nutrition! Who’s in? One of the absolute easiest ways to jazz up a meal is by topping a plain dish with salsa. Now, I’m not talking about the salsa out of a ... View The Post
Fall is HERE, and with it came buckets of fresh beautiful plums growing in our backyard. Cute cozy sweaters, steaming cups of tea and fall fruit? Sign me up! But truly, the end of summer indulgences coupled with kids going back to school and cooler weather always prompts me to want to hit the reset button on my health. It͛s ... View The Post
The post Roasted Plum Yogurt Parfait with Honey Cardamom Granola appeared first on Fraiche Nutrition.
I bought a heap of beets the other week to make lazy beet rolls the other week (beet greens are THE BEST), and was left with a bit of a beet overload situation on my hands. It’s noon on Sunday and I’m still in my PJ’s BUT I have a big pot of this soup on the stove to prove ... View The Post
I’m a dietitian. And I have kids. So it stands to reason that I get asked on a regular basis if my kids are ‘normal’ eaters; meaning, are they picky like every other kid on the earth!? And the answer is a clear and resounding YES! However, I feel that I’ve been able to use some mommy-dietitian-magic-trickery (aka manipulation) to ... View The Post
The post How to Get Your Kids to Eat Healthier: 9 Tips from a dietitian mom! appeared first on Fraiche Nutrition.
It’s that time of year when we trade in the pumpkin for gingerbread, and I personally couldn’t be happier! I mean, I love pumpkin, but I’ve seriously tested the limits of how many pumpkin dishes a person can consume this season. Time to move on. I wanted to create something that tasted like a cookie but is super healthy. I ... View The Post
What if there was a magic fairy that could make weeknight meal planning a BREEZE and help you put delicious, healthy meals on the table in minutes without the pain of staring at the fridge hoping something will jump out at you and scream ‘make me!’? The wait is OVER! We’re giving away the gift of STRESS FREE DINNERS for ... View The Post
This post is LONG overdue since coming back from O’ahu (aka heaven)! I’ve been asked a million questions about where to eat on the Island and what to do (from you lucky ducks who have vacations planned to that dreamy island) I thought I would finally publish this blog post! So first of all, that trip was EPIC. What a ... View The Post
The post Foodie’s Guide to O’ahu AND a Recap of our Epic Girls Trip! appeared first on Fraiche Nutrition.
If only there were more hours in the day. How many times have you wished (maybe even begged) for that?! We all know what a world of difference good food can do for us and want to fuel our families and ourselves well…but how’s a girl to find the time to do it all!? The ‘not-so-secret’ secret to better meal planning ... View The Post
The post 6 Simple Steps to Meal Prep Like a Pro (in just 1 hour per week!) appeared first on Fraiche Nutrition.
I never really understood how mornings could be so hectic for people with kids before I had them myself. I mean, how busy could it get? The answer, as I discovered, is REALLY busy. Pure crazy some mornings to be honest! I can read the looks on moms’ faces as I drop Charlie off to school. It’s that ‘our-morning-was-crazy-too’ look. ... View The Post
I went through my pantry yesterday and figured I would cook with whatever ingredient I pulled out first. Do you ever do that? That ingredient happened to be… bulgur! Now, if you haven’t cooked with bulgur I highly recommend it, it’s such a neat grain! Bulgur is made from parboiled cracked wheat berries and is a good source of fibre, ... View The Post
We are ALWAYS on the hunt for healthy snacks to get us through the day. I swear that Charlie says ‘I’m hungry’ 50 times a day, and I can’t even imagine what it will be like once Max can talk, that kid can EAT! And since I’m as crazy busy as the next mom, I need snacks that are quick ... View The Post
If there’s one thing I’ve learned, it’s that putting a healthy dinner on the table doesn’t have to be intimidating or time consuming. I LOVE cooking. But even a hard-core foodie like me doesn’t like complicated recipes. Maybe I will when my kids are grown and I have oodles of time on my hands (does that ever happen?), but at ... View The Post
The post Honey Orange Glazed Salmon with Orange Almond Couscous appeared first on Fraiche Nutrition.